Thursday 13 March 2014

The future....

Just thought I'd do a quick post about what you can look forward to in the future when everything's chrome. "You" being my old friend Mr. Tiffen and PigHog from the straightrazorplace.com forums. I appreciate you both taking the time to read my waffle. If you're not either of those people I still appreciate you taking the time to read my waffle, but they're the only two I know about so far. Tell your friends, guys!

The next whisky review will be Talisker 10 yo. First single malt I ever tried. I was about to say it was the first whisky I ever tried but that was Bell's. I tend to be quite harsh about Bell's. I read a review of it that said "No need for water, this whisky will drown in its own tears." That kept me laughing for a couple of days, but I might pick up a small bottle s\at some point to give it a try. It can't really be that bad can it?

I've also got a bottle of cask strength Springbank on order at the local Vinmonopolet. (That's the government controlled alcohol shop here in Norway, which I might post about at some point.) I'm really looking forward to that one. I ordered the peated version and I'm told Springbank get their peat from a different source to most other distilleries. Should be very interesting, and of course the extra strength means extra flavour!

I've got a couple of cigars on the way too: A Chess maduro robusto, a Hawk robusto which I think was also a maduro wrapper, and I thought I had an Oliva serie G special perfecto on the way, (Cigars have silly names sometimes. Special perfecto supero awesomo please-buy-this-one-o. I'm sure it all means something to people in the know.) but I just got an email saying they've sold out. They did suggest an alternative, which I thought was good of them, and they even described the difference in taste between the two cigars, but I'll look at some reviews before I decide what to do.

There's also a bottle of Dark Island Reverse in the cupboard. It was a rather reckless impulse buy, but Dark Island is possibly my favourite beer so the opportunity to try this one was too good to miss. It's more of a barley wine aged in whisky barrels so should be interesting. I'll probably review some beers at some point too, the Norwegians are starting to produce some very enjoyable ales.

Hope you're both looking forward to those as much as I am. I also hope more people read this blog at some point. Anyway, I'd better get to the shops or the Talisker review might not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment