Friday 21 March 2014

Ants!

I just had a look at the statistics section. It seems I've had a whole lot of hits, which makes me feel like a genius and was really quite unexpected. 39 from the USA, 32 from the UK, 6 from Germany, 2 from Canada and 1 from Russia! Thank you all so much for reading!

Well, here's a little story: I was sitting in my apartment perusing a glass of cask strength Springbank and diligently taking notes, when I noticed a couple of ants near my feet which hadn't been there when I sat down. "An ant or two isn't a problem," I thought to myself, "I can always do something about them later if there are too many."

I had a little glance around to see if I'd dropped some food without noticing that might have attracted them and noticed a disturbingly large number of them forming a line towards me. That was when I realized they must be after my Springbank and decided to nip this problem in the bud. I hurried to the shops (in the rain, cheers for that, ants) to buy some deadly poison. Just made it with two minutes to closing and bought a couple of those things where the ants carry the poison back to their nest before it takes effect and feed it to all the other ants. It had stopped raining by the time I got out of the shop. I gripped the poison in my teeth (safely still in it's packaging, I'm not that stupid) to do up my jacket, but then decided I was quite warm enough and, since it had stopped raining, doing up my jacked was unnecessary. I took the ant poison out of my mouth again. Suddenly I saw a little old lady on the other side of the street looking at me and realized that, from her point of view, a man across the street had just bitten a packet of ant poison for no readily apparent reason. It's only a small town and little old ladies tend to talk to each other. I'm slightly worried that my reputation is now ruined and the locals will all be saying to their kids "Stay away from that man, he's the foreign poison biter." in Norwegian. Though it has cost me dearly the ants will soon be dead and I'll be able to concentrate on my drink again.

So the point of all that was that I've had a few days investigating Springbank 12 year old cask strength and I am nearly ready to start writing my review. I should be posting in the next couple of days, so remember to come back. Tell your friends too, especially if they're interested in whisky reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment