Sunday 13 April 2014

Don't panic

I realized it's been over a week since I last posted, so apologies to the hundreds of people who check regularly for fresh content. There is more to come soon, I promise, I'm just waiting on an order from Vinmonopolet (the government alcohol shop). I've ordered a bottle of Bunnahabhain 12 yo and a small bottle each of Cragganmore, Lagavulin and Glenkinchie to work through the six Classic Malts. (Or classic marketing, take your pick.)

I did try to order a bottle of Bunnahabhain Young and Feisty Provenance, but the supplier was all out. I thought it would make an interesting comparison to the 12 yo, and Toiteach is also available here, but it looks like that project's a bit of a non-starter. I'm looking into getting a bottle of Young and Feisty by mail order from one of the Vinmonopolet shops that still has a bottle in stock, but we'll see. Might have to hope that they still have a bottle in stock next month as I think this months budget is accounted for now.

I'm starting to look into how to do proper cheese tasting so I can do some proper cheese reviews, and I'm planning on a couple of beer review series as well. In fact there are three series I have in mind for beer, working through the product ranges of a certain three breweries. The problem with beer and whisky reviews is that I have to be careful about when to do the tasting. Right before work is a bad time, for example. Cheese I can taste whenever, and can therefore produce blog content more conveniently. Plus I like cheese.

Thanks again to all the mighty geniuses who read this blog. I'm still pretty surprised by how many hits I've had, and how international they all are. Apparently it's possible to subscribe. I have no idea how you would do that, but I think it would be a good idea if you did. Next up should be the Bunnahabhain 12 yo review, so don't forget to some back and read it. It'll be amazing. Well, it'll be basically the same as the others but with Bunnahabhain.

No comments:

Post a Comment